Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Well hello, scrap world!

Hi friends! So after a year of being out of the scrapping game, I'm back and ready to start creating like a maniac again. Unfortunately I'm having trouble staying focused and awake enough to do a whole lot. I am steadily working on several swaps I'm in on scrapbook.com and can't wait to share all that comes from those projects. Then I think I'll take some time to make a few things for myself, to KEEP, not send away or sell :) I love creating, though, no matter where the creation ends up (unless it's the garbage, that would be no fun :p).

I am currently going through a bit of a rough spot with my depression and anxiety. I have definitely been much worse and am managing to look happy and okay right now, but I am struggling. I blame the lack of daylight -- I have more problems with depression in the winter months than any other time. I will be discussing new treatment options with my psychiatrist on the 22nd. To help me deal with anxiety and some problems that don't make dealing with depression any easier, I am meeting with a Christian counselor/therapist on Monday. They have a sliding scale based on income so my family will be able to afford it if I go weekly. I am looking forward to all this and feeling better. I can't even remember how many times I've had to take a hiatus from school to deal with all this nastiness called depression. But compared to past ordeals, this right now is a cake walk. Doesn't make it easy or not extremely frustrating but at least I can take comfort in the fact that it's not any worse.

I can't wait to get back to writing here, I hope to do it regularly (don't we all say that? LOL) when I have things worthy of sharing. Right now I'm going to try and take a nap (I know, it's 9:30pm, but my sleep cycle/circadian rhythm is so off thanks to my depression "relapse"). Then I hope to really get some scrapping done!

~Katie~

1 comment:

  1. How are you doing? I, too, deal with depression and I'm going through the wonky sleep patterns right now. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete