Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Shabby Chic Layout Featuring Sydney the Hemingway Cat

Today I want to share a layout I made a few weeks ago featuring my beautiful cat Sydney. Before I go on, I wish I had made the photo bigger but it's ok, it's done and it's still pretty!




I used a paper stack I bought a few years ago, I can't remember the name of it because I lost the cover, so I apologize if you were wondering. I printed the photo in black and white only because my printer was messed up and wouldn't print magenta ink so everything I printed in color looked really funny. But it goes well with the layout because of course all colors go with black and white! I used the pink damask paper as my base and added a torn sheet on top of it and rolled the edges under and back and inked them with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. I used a stencil from Walmart with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to help the page have some more interest. Next I started cutting out shapes from the paper stack (circles and other shapes) and layered everything. I used gold lace and a half-back pearl string to outline the photo area. I used lots of I Am Roses and a couple of flat Primas. I added a Tim Holtz adage ticket and a Tim Holtz metal frame for the word "play." Since I am running low on letters I used a cutout from the paper stack as my title, A Moment Captured. I really need a Silhouette die cutting machine!

In the photo Sydney is lying on my legs in a big recliner with my zebra print blanket. I disturbed her slumber with a photo. I just think she is so gorgeous! She's a gray tuxedo and polydactyl/Hemingway cat meaning she has extra toes on her feet, and it looks like she has thumbs! Here's a photo of her where you can see her wittle thumbs :)


Everyone thought I should have named her Mittens!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment