Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Oh, but my darling, what if you fly? Art Journal Page #4


This page is from my visual art journal notebook, which is smaller (5.5x8 inches) than my regular pages I normally do. The texture here was really interesting because I used pencil shavings and modeling paste to get it! Yes, pencil shavings. It turned out well if you ask me ;) After that was all dry I just took a brush and starting adding various colors. The butterfly and bird are from the Mambi Sheets paper stack by Me & My Big Ideas. I have a bunch of paper doilies from a haul back in 2014 so I used some of those. I painted them separately then added them on which gives a neat effect with the holes showing the base color underneath. I used Glimmer Mist on the top doily and accidentally glued it on upside down, such a Katie thing to do! I found the great quote on Pinterest. I saw it and knew it was absolutely perfect, especially with the butterfly and bird being on the page. I just had to use it. Lastly I used a Tim Holtz rub on for the "FOUND" words. I mentioned them in the last post but I absolutely love them. I have a bunch of Tim Holtz rub ons on my Amazon wish list, they work so well in art journaling.

What's great about the quote is that it's fitting to my life. That's why I was so excited to find it. I am working on taking leaps where I'd normally take baby steps. I realize I don't have time to take some things slow, I just need to jump in and do it. Of course there are times where things need to be taken slow, but I'm referring to the situations where it won't hurt to get down to business. For example, instead of waiting for things to progress super slow with a guy I had a crush on like I had been doing, I took some advice and flat out told him how I felt. It didn't work out but he took it like a champ and things weren't awkward after that. Instead of waiting for signs that may never come I need to take control of my life. I believe in letting God influence my decisions and guiding me, but I have to work, too, he won't make my decisions for me.

So get out there and leap, and you may just fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment